Are you truly committed to your dreams or are you just a dreamer?
Every day presents an invaluable opportunity to control our attitude, behavior, and
performance while becoming 1% better physically, mentally, emotionally and
spiritually. The art of self leadership is having the awareness to focus your time and
energy on what you do not know, but need to know while getting extraordinary
results from your skill sets. It is not just about what you have learned, but what you
do with what you have learned.
Not knowing what to do is a poor reason for not doing anything. The journey
towards becoming a better learner is a journey of exploration, growth, and
discovery, not merely a destination. The great learners hear what others don’t hear,
ask what others don’t ask, go where others won’t go and become what others are
afraid to become. The process of learning about oneself and the world is not always
comfortable. But it is only in the realm of the unknown that true transformation can
We must think of time as our most valuable currency and invest it wisely and
earnestly to “unlearn to learn.” The “unlearning to learn” process allows for a
cleansing of the mind to transpire. Old habits of thinking that are no longer serving
our growth and development are removed so space can be made for new
discoveries, action, and ways of thinking to flow into our consciousness.
May the following twenty growth mindsets on becoming a better learner support
your growth strategy as you look within and challenge yourself to see what others
do not see in order for you to be a better version of yourself and a positive maker to
1. Always go to bed, smarter than you were when you woke up. True wisdom is
knowing what you don’t know, but need to know.
2. Dare to think different. Give yourself permission to be wrong.
3. Today a Reader. Tomorrow a Leader. Books are not just made of pages and words. They are made of hopes, dreams, and possibilities. A person who does not read is no better off than a person who cannot read.
4. Face every precious moment of your 86,400 seconds each day to maximize your full potential while being a positive difference maker in the life of another person.
5. Technology has blurred all of the lines, so you have to be a global citizen.
6. Investing in your self-development is the best investment you will ever make.
7. Change before you have to change.
8. If you always agree with someone…“someone” is unnecessary.
9. We all wear an invisible mask that says: Make Me Feel Important.
10. Between power and influence, you want to influence the people with power.
11. Never take a job just for the money. Take positions based on opportunity.
12. The New York Times Corner Office feature by Adam Bryant in the Sunday Business section is a must-read, offering invaluable highlights from conversations with executives about leadership and management.
13. It’s only by dreaming that you will ever discover who you are, what you want and what you can do. So dream of things that never were and ask why not?
14. Everyone has a comfort zone. Not much learning takes place there. A dream without a plan and a deadline is nothing more than a wish.
15. Mental toughness is the ability to see the bright side of a hopeless situation. Adversity is an experience, not a final act. Learning to succeed begins with learning to fail.
16. Learning is a process that has no beginning, middle or conclusion. It is life itself. Unlearn to Learn. Undo to Do.
17. Do not allow opportunities to pass you by, even if the time, funding and circumstances are not completely right.
18. Create space in your day to allow insights and inspiration to flood in. The best never stop learning and getting better!
19. The better you know yourself, the better capable you are of enhancing your life.
20. Master the art of relationship building. Relationships must be authentic and sustainable. Relationships are partnerships. The goal of partnerships is to create value and win-win situations.