One of the most powerful and profound lessons I have learned during my time at Nike is that “There is No Finish Line.”
Ever since this life-changing truth was introduced to me I have relentlessly focused on applying this lesson to every facet of my personal and professional life.
Mastery in any field does not transpire overnight. It is a transformative journey, not merely a destination.
Our holistic growth is always contingent on our willingness to be uncomfortable. In order to create meaningful growth, we must be committed to change and not fearful of discovering our most authentic and vulnerable self.
Learning about oneself and the world is a process. It has no beginning, middle or end. Learning is life itself.
May the following twenty growth mindsets on the art of living enable you to discovery the outer depths of who you while you create the life you envision filled with intent, meaning, and purpose.
1. The best years of your life are in front of you. Things have a way of working out for the best.
2. You are the architect and designer of your own life and career.
3. The truth will always set you free.
4. Believe in your heart for it offers hope. Believe in your mind for it offers direction. Believe in your soul for it offers strength. And believe in your yourself because you are and will always be enough.
5. It is never too late to become the person you have always dreamed of being. You are never too old to dream!
6. Say thank you to everyone and everything.
7. Some things in life are non-negotiable.
8. You don’t win all the time and you don’t lose all the time.
9. Let what you do be an expression of who you are. If it is to be, it is up to me!
10. Stop comparing yourself to others. Never ever forget that you are more than you see in the mirror. You are braver than you believe. Stronger than you seem. Smarter than you think.
11. Do not die with your dreams still inside you.
12. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living. Inside every difficulty, there is a hidden opportunity.
13. Spend less time with people who suck away your energy and more time with people who inspire you. Don’t walk away from negative people…run!
14. No matter how good something looks if it doesn’t feel right…walk away!
15. If you maintain a high standard of excellence with the little things, you never have to worry about the big things.
16. Strive to get 1% better each day. Never let a day go by in which you have not done one thing to become better today than you were yesterday.
17. Every day is a gift, an opportunity, an interview, a new story, a celebration, a blank canvas, an intellectual journey, a negotiation. Every day is simply Now.
18. When confronted with a challenge you have three choices: Give up, Give in or Give it all you have.
19. See what others do not see. Do what others will not do. Ask what others are afraid to ask. Give more than others are willing to give.
20. Never lose sight of the journey and the bridges built from the sacrifice that brought you across.