Summer 2017 Internship
Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame Inductee, Nike Basketball Executive and former USC Basketball Coach George H. Raveling is seeking a self-starter, upbeat and eager to learn individual to support the daily operations and logistics for his “Coaching for Success” multimedia platforms. The position requires a candidate who is able to establish and strengthen authentic connections through the lens of innovation, sport and lifestyle. A candidate that can influence and deliver new levels of creative and strategic thinking. The 2017 summer internship position will be unpaid (travel expenses reimbursed) with the potential to attain academic credit. The internship will span from June to August. With Coach Raveling being an exceptional relationship builder and well connected in the sports, entertainment and business arenas, this position has the possibility to turn into a full-time opportunity. The individual must be able to dedicate a minimum of 10 hours a week throughout the duration of the internship and will have the ability to work remotely as well as in his El Segundo, California office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide day to day support to Coach Raveling and assist his digital and brand strategy team in growing the “Coaching for Success” platforms.
• Assist with various marketing, planning, event operations, production and content creation related projects. Coach Raveling’s 2017 summer initiatives are to start a weekly newsletter and to revamp and grow his podcast, website and social media audiences.
Required Skills, Experience, and Abilities
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Recently graduated or pursuing a bachelor’s degree in journalism, economics, business, english, design, marketing, communications, interdisciplinary studies, sports media or related field.
• Passion for the sports is preferred but not required.
• Outgoing and positive personality with exceptional communication skills (written, oral and presentational).
• Ability to manage multiple projects at various levels with different and converging timelines.
• Exceptional time management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Maintains professional image at all times.
• Entrepreneurial and conceptual thinker who can develop innovative solutions to problems.
• Deep understanding of evolving consumer communications environment and digital landscape.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information.
• Strong analytical capabilities with an emphasis on research and data interpretation.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office as well as Internet and email programs. Experience using Adobe Creative Suite is
preferred but not required.
• Critical Thinking
• Creative/ Out of the Box Thinking
If you are interested in this summer internship position, please contact Kimati A. Ramsey with your resume via email at firstname.lastname@example.org