- Factors that determine a positive first impression are: your smile, dress, handshake and vocabulary.
- A coach’s job is to change the hearts, minds and actions of those he leads in a positive manner.
- It’s always helpful to have a collection of friends in “high places”
- Focus on self-awareness. Know what you don’t know. Know your limitations.
- The best place to carry your ego is in your back pocket. There’ll be times you’ll be happy you are sitting on it.
Father, husband, Coach, and a mentor to many. Formerly the Head Coach at Washington State, Iowa, and USC. A renowned speaker and a former member of the National Speakers Association, George has spoken before Congress. Currently serves as the Director of International Basketball for Nike. George’s hobbies are collecting books and friends.
Latest posts by George Raveling (see all)
- My College Basketball Hall of Fame Induction Speech - November 26, 2013
- Life Lessons – Week of September 30 - September 30, 2013
- Life Lessons – Week of September 16 - September 16, 2013