My mission in life is to live a better, more fulfilling, more interesting, more balanced existence while being a positive difference in the lives of others. Competition inspires us to do more than what is required. Failure is a growth opportunity. At some point in life, we have to unlearn most things to begin learning new things.
Be careful not to take one person’s opinion and make it the universal truth. Our minds should never be a place to store garbage. I have come to realize on my eighty-one-year journey that there is nothing more liberating than giving up the desire to be liked by everyone. Learn to love your struggles. The best day of your life is the day you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses.
If you cannot lead yourself, how will you lead others? Self-leadership is the art of getting extraordinary performance from your skill sets. Each person is free is to discover his or her own greatness. Our responsibility is to lift people up, not tear them down. The best use of power is in service to others.
A free person is one that conquers fear. Life is intended to be lived. Thus we must push our boundaries to their outer limits. The only real failure is the failure to act. Rejection can be the first step towards success. Many of life’s frustrations and adversities are wrapped in a package labeled opportunities.
Open the windows of your mind to usher in fresh thinking. Always remain a student in life. It is the quality of your questions that determine the quality of your discoveries. The horizons are infinite. May the following life lessons empower you to remember it is never too late to become the person you have always dreamed of being. You are the architect and designer of your own life and career and have the unique opportunity every day to live with intention and strategy.
- Create your own image, or others will create it for you.
- Do not make unnecessary enemies.
- Unite people around a common purpose.
- Set priorities and do first things first.
- Surround yourself with supportive people and passionate, inspiring teachers.
- Recognize there is no quick fix so you will have to grind it out.
- Continually raise the bar. Push your limits and navigate outside of your comfort zone.
- Look upon your problems as opportunities.
- Abandon the “I know what’s best” attitude.
- Create a dream team to help you push to the next levels.
- Ask smart, tough and probing questions.
- Set learning and performance goals.
- To lead others, you must have an empowering vision for change.
- Life is all about relationships. Cultivate, nurture and develop them.
- All strategies must be specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-based.
- Brick walls are not put there to stop you. They are put there to make you prove how much you want something.
- To learn and progress you must be willing to make mistakes.
- Helping others get what they want is the most effective way to get what you want.
- Learn to see the world with a new set of eyes.
- Think BIG. Start SMALL.