The fundamental ingredient of growth is embarking wholeheartedly on change and the state of being comfortable with the uncomfortable. If we are going to change our behavior and performance, we must first address the way we think.
Dare to think different. Give yourself permission to be wrong. I always say drink daily from the cup of wisdom. Do not be common. Be uncommon. Beware of living a normal life. The last thing you and I want to be is an everyday person. Someone who strives for mediocrity and just to get by. We must strive to be a first-rate version of ourselves instead of a second-rate version of someone else. To be different, you must be who you are. Your most authentic and vulnerable self. You must celebrate your narrative and focus on the unique opportunities each day to be and do better.
The new truth can also be false. Do not allow other people’s judgments cloud and infect your vision. Do not live a life for others. Live life for yourself while being of service to others. Celebrate the fact you are alive at this moment. And with this reality alone comes immense possibilities never to stop learning and getting better.
When confronted with a challenge you have three choices: Give up, Give in or Give it all you have. Be mindful that we are never sent anything that the universe does not think we can handle and overcome. Positive self-talk is one of the most essential tools you carry on a daily basis. It is your credit card for entry into the “Yes I can” and “Yes I will” club.
As you grow holistically and explore the outer depths of who you are may the following fifteen affirmations bring perspective in always remembering no matter how dark your journey gets make today and this moment richer and brighter than yesterday!
1. If you have a book, you have a mentor.
2. If you are working with someone be sure to listen.
3. Do not ask a question, if you cannot deal with the answer.
4. Knowledge is the world’s most significant currency.
5. Turn your world into a classroom for learning.
6. Are you comfortable with who you are?
7. Two of America’s biggest challenges: Lowering the cost of education and healthcare.
8. I do not want a book to tell me what to think. I want a book to teach me how to think.
9. There are a lot of answers in places where people do not look.
10. Do not talk to people. Talk with people.
11. There is a hero inside of everyone.
12. If a relationship does not make you a better person, you are in the wrong relationship.
13. Be a better you, for YOU.
14. I am not into collecting memories. I am into creating memories.
15. In times of darkness, the best leaders become the guiding light.