True wisdom is knowing what you do not know, but need to know. Humanity is at a very interesting crossroads that merits a greater level of awareness, discussion, listening, empathy, and strategic action. Our society as a whole is lacking courageous leadership. Too much of the conversation and strategy from leaders today is focused on “ME” and not “WE.”
Courageous leaders are those men and women who put their own agenda aside in order to be a positive difference maker in as many lives as possible. These individuals understand and value that there are very few things in life that are more rewarding than being instrumental in helping others reach their potential and greatest aspirations.
I believe each and every one of us can be a leader no matter what position or title we hold. Leadership is a noun. Leading is a verb. We do not have to wait for additional credentials or a future date to begin leading. It is an action that can be lived today.
May the following twenty growth mindsets enable you to discovery the outer depths of who you are in order to lead more courageously and make a positive difference in the life of another person.
- Do not brag about yourself. Brag about others.
- Never underestimate the power of a kind word, touch or smile. People will never forget how you made them feel.
- People are in constant evolution. The person you meet today will be different tomorrow.
- Saying no is a leadership skill.
- If you want to travel fast, travel alone. If you want to travel far travel together.
- Talent opens doors, but the strength of character keeps those doors open.
- Whatever you do…do not praise mediocrity.
- You don’t need a title to be a leader.
- If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more…You are a Leader!
- Most people are good at evaluating the obvious. The exceptional leaders will look beneath the surface and see what others don’t see. Possess the wisdom and courage to see beyond the obvious.
- To be a true teacher, you must be a learner first.
- Your task as a leader is to help people replace their negative mindset with a positive mindset.
- Small minds cannot understand big dreams.
- Change requires new ways of thinking, doing and learning.
- Problem Solving is the essence of what leaders exist to do.
- Throwing money at the problem is not a strategy.
- Develop a strategic detailed plan to move from where you are now, to where you want to be in the future.
- Impact the competitive landscape with disruptive innovation and creativity.
- Leverage technology to improve the quality of your instruction and relationships.
- Lead with enthusiasm and gratitude.