Each of us is responsible for our happiness. The older I get, the more I recognize there are a lot more questions than answers. We will not learn everything, but that does not mean we should not try. I reflect on the following question daily: What is it that I do not know, that I need to know to stay valuable and relevant?
Let’s face it. The journey is tough. There are no easy passages. No golden ticket. Nobody is going to give you everything you need or want. It comes down to you stepping out of your comfort zone and getting out of your way to make it happen. Having doubts and fears are not the real issue. Growing, overcoming and learning from them is.
Live to be the leader of your own life. If you are not changing, you are not growing. The most profound change we can make is in our belief about who we are and who we are not. How we respond to change is a choice.
Transformation of our attitude and behavior must start with something that
causes us to think, see, feel and act in new ways. Too many times on our self-discovery journeys we become prisoners of other people’s expectations of us. No matter how well someone knows or loves you, they will never see you or the world through your eyes.
The change journey starts and ends with who I am now, who I will become, and where do I go from here. Standing still means you are moving backward. Do not let the nonbelievers win. Our growth depends on your willingness to be uncomfortable. Your ability to grow starts with your desire to change. May the following lessons empower you in managing change while inspiring new ways of thinking, doing and learning within your life and career.
- Change starts from the inside and radiates out.
- You must understand how deeply your team may hold a particular belief that will dictate how much effort, energy, and attention it will take to shift it.
- Mental toughness is the ability to see the bright side of a hopeless situation. Adversity is an experience, not a final act.
- It is never too late to become the person you have always dreamed of being.
- You are the architect and designer of your own life and career.
- When confronted with a challenge you have three choices: give up, give in or give it all you have.
- Real change begins in the belief.
- Transformation of your attitude must start with something that causes you to think, see, feel and act in a new way.
- Nothing gets one to change the way they perform faster than getting them to change the way they think.
- Getting your team to buy-in and invest personally into your vision is one of your most essential tasks and significant challenges.
- Every leader can benefit from gathering candid feedback from their team.
- A life lesson to be learned is to always listen to the voices of the team.
- Learn what is most important to those you lead.
- The mistake that looms for us is waiting too long to make the necessary changes needed that align with our heart and intuition.