· Each of us are compelled to leave our mark on Earth… Hopefully ours will be of a positive nature.
· Treat yourself to a powerful movie: “Having Our Say – The Delaney Sisters’ First 100 Years
· Those whom are avid readers can be defined by their discipline of patience.
· The most frequently asked question is ‘WHY?’
· Late into my life I learned to be far less judgmental of others
· The most exciting city I have visited in the last 15 years has been Istanbul, Turkey. It has it all.
· Air Zealand has the best wine of any airline in the world.
· California has its hamburger spot “In N Out Burger’ and Tokyo has its “Golden Brown” Burger joint. Both are amazing.
· Winston Churchill once said “victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.”
· Did you know that research has revealed that the so-called “experts’ predictions are wrong 80% of the time.
· It took me far too long to conclude that the world is my home.
· “When you have success and you think, ok, now everything will be fine! But what happens is you realize the things you thought were important do not really matter. And the things that do matter will not be popular with everyone who is looking up to you” As said by Viola Davis
· Be in constant search for opportunities to say something positive to individuals we encounter.
· I’ve come to understand that the cost of indecision is often more harmful than making the wrong choice.
· Strange advice I have for you… Increase your rate of failure. Fail forward. Fail Fast.
· Success does not happen alone. I’ve yet to meet a self-made person.
· Take 15 minutes a day and devote it to making “Self-connections”… self connect the “issues” in your life.
· It took me 20 years to truly understand what a professor told me in a freshman economics class “Success always starts with failure” Which proves I’m a slow learner…
· We would all be better off if we mastered the art of saying “NO”; We often regret saying “yes”
· When we walk, lets walk like we have some place to go…
· At Nike we are taught that there is “No finish line”
· Good should never be enough. Great is better
· Todd Henry voiced this opinion “Commitment to excellence means doing things right even when it may never be seen by another living soul.”
· How different would America be if every college graduate had to spend one year in the Peace Corps?
· I’m in constant search of teachable moments…
· Its extremely important to have friends in “low places”…
· Being generous is a strategy.
· I’ve never taken a job based on salary
· Mentoring advice received by me “Challenge the known and embrace the unknown.”
· The easiest method for getting what we want, is to help others get what they want.
· The hardest human skill to master is the ability to actively listen.