· Judy Garland uttered these words, “Always be a first rate version of yourself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else.”
· The power of Nike is its people, not its product.
· A simple strategy is to disconnect and to connect.
· Before I die I want to secure 100 new and authentic friendships.
· People who have the best information and know how to turn it into intelligence are winners.
· I want to give something of value to someone else every day.
· Something I do at least twice a week…visit a bookstore.
· Some outstanding NBA players who were not McDonald’s All-American…Larry Bird, Tim Duncan, John Stockton, Gary Payton, Scottie Pippen, David Robinson, Charles Barkley, Steve Nash, Dewayne Wade, Clyde Drexler, Karl Malone, Joe Dumas, Russell Westbrook.
· It is vitally important that each of us position ourselves in a manner which allows us to control our own future.
· A huge aspect of relationships is advocacy. People who are willing to speak positively on your behalf.
· Words are the vehicle that sets action in motion.
· Each of us, need to spend more time expressing appreciation for the good fortunes in our lives.
· So much of my life has been a exercise in liberating myself from what I’ve have been told is the truth and reality.
· One of my friends voices tons of his opinion to me even though I didn’t ask for his opinions or give him permission to voice them to me. With this said, I find him extremely interesting.
· My greatest fear is that there are so many things I wish to achieve and time is not on my side.
· Far too often we underestimate power of words on other people lives.
· Goal: Try to reduce the number of negative events and experiences in my life.
· “The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter.” –E. E. Cummings , American Poet
· I love being around people who make me smile.