· Great success belongs to the dreamers of the world, those who labor diligently to make real their golden dreams.
· Life has become so complex it’s close to impossible to be really, really good at more than one or two aspects of your work.
· There is no shame in getting knocked down, there is only shame in not getting back up.
· People tend to be more influenced by people who are similar to them.
· How many of us have worked for or been coached by an individual whose philosophy was “winning by intimidation”
· A coach must seek to make his team feel… respected… appreciated… important… relevant… and trusted.
· No situation in life is hopeless. If you’re breathing and you can get up in the morning you’ve got a chance.
· John D. Rockefeller voiced this opinion “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great”
· Sound Advice: Make friends before you need them.
· Regardless of your title, position, wealth, or success… Everyone needs a mentor.
· We have 86,400 seconds every day to be kinder, gentler, loving, thoughtful, than the day before. Let’s not waste God’s gift of time.
· Two things that totally changed my life, basketball and Nike
· Young people are my greatest inspirations.
· I haven’t got a lot, but I’ve got enough.
· Humor… A guy dies and goes to Heaven. After a few weeks, St. Peter asks him “How do you like it up here?” He replied “Not bad, but its not Pullman, Washington”
· In the world of communication is there anything simpler than word-of-mouth?
· “Talent is a gift, character is a choice” – Anthony Grant, University of Alabama
· There comes a time in one’s life, when he/she has to throw away some of who they used to be…
· “Don’t worry about what people say about you because its none of your business” – Terry Roberts, ‘Little Rock Nine’